Harley Davidson Speaks Out About Declining Bike Sales
The slump in sales at H-D is not President Trump's fault. The Baby Boomers all have motorcycles, Generation X is only buying a few, and the Millennials aren’t buying any at all. A recent study was done to find out why Millennials don't ride motorcycles:
1. Pants won't pull up far enough for them to straddle the seat.
2. Can't get their phone to their ear with a helmet on.
3. Can't use two hands to eat while driving.
4. Don't get a trophy and a recognition plaque just for buying one.
5. Don't have enough muscle to hold the bike up when stopped.
6. Might have a bug hit them in the face and then they would need emergency care.
7. Motorcycles don't have air conditioning.
8. Can't afford one because they spent 12 years in college trying to get a degree in Humanities, Social Studies or Gender Studies, for which no jobs are available.
9. Allergic to fresh air.
10. Pajamas get caught on the exhaust pipes.
11. Might get their hands dirty checking the oil.
12. Handlebars have buttons and levers, and can’t be controlled by touch-screen.
13. Have to shift manually, and use something called a clutch.
14. Too dangerous to take selfies while riding.
15. Don't come with training wheels as their bicycles did.
16. Don't have power steering or power brakes.
17. Nose ring interferes with the face shield.
18. Would have to use leg muscle to back up.
19. When stopped, a light breeze might blow exhaust in their face.
20. Could rain on them and expose them to non-soft water.
21. Might scare their emotional support dog, then the dog would need therapy.
22. Can't get the motorcycle down the basement stairs of their parent's home.